Friday, April 1, 2011

Language and immunizations

It's just about dinner time for me and the day is just beginning for you in the Pacific time zone. It was a sunny and cool day here although much of my time is inside.

Our language focus is on immediate vocabulary to talk with our host families who we meet on Sunday. Most of that revolves around food! I'm finding I can understand the logic of what we're learning, but it's a challenge to process it and get it out of my mouth correctly. Ahhh, much practice lies ahead of me.

One of the funniest images I had today was from an episode of the Simpsons. It's where the dog hears a human conversation.....Blah, Blah, Blah, BONE Blah, blah, blah WALK. Blah, Blah, Blah, PLAY. Someone said that's what it's going to be like with our host families for a while only being able to understand a word here and there. I thought that was hilarious. Good thing I'm confident in my sign language skills. We meet our host families in a couple of days.

Today I got a Hepatitis A and the first Hepatitis B shots. A necessary task but not one of my favorites.

No comments:

Post a Comment