Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Tidbits

Last Weekend I watched "Dances With Wolves" over two evenings.  The first time I saw it - oh so many years ago - I liked the scenery but thought it was too long and questioned some of the acting.  This time I liked the scenery and questioned how in the world a white man could become so fluent in an Indian language in just a few short months!  From my current perspective, I'm not buying it!

How can I tell it's gotten colder?  In the hot summer, I took a shower every day.  Now I'm down to maybe once every two or three days and only in the middle of the day.  The unheated, tile bathroom is pretty chilly and I can't face it first thing in the morning or later in the evening. (But my kitchen is nice and warm.)

Remember the "good ol' days" before national store chains and big-box megastores?  Life in a village requires one to be more accountable for mishaps.....you break it - you bought it.  So that 2/3 full bottle of liquid cleaner I accidentally knocked onto the floor while reaching for something else was purchased and is now in with my cleaning supplies. 

No comments:

Post a Comment