Thursday, August 18, 2011

Perfect Timing - Again

I've been very fortunate in my journey here in Bulgaria.  Every stage has presented me with challenges and gifts.  Whenever I feel fearful or doubtful I get a little message from the Universe reminding me that All is Well - worry not.  Today I've had two.

This morning I wanted to get out walking by 7 or so to enjoy the cool morning temperatures.   I also wanted to return a canning jar to a woman who shared some delicious strawberry jam with me, but wants the jar for summer canning.  Well....I slept in until 6:50, then I ate a little peach and picked up the apartment a little etc.  Finally I made it out the door about 7:45. As I began my walk, guess who I ran into on the street.  The woman who I wanted to return the jar to.  If I had gone out at 7 as was my "plan" I would have missed her.  Instead we headed to the cafe - I had tea and she had her morning coffee and cigarettes as did the other folks at the table we shared.  I listened as best I can to the fast-speaking Bulgarians, but the most I got was a few words here and there and laughing when they laughed.  Then I headed out to resume my walk, although a shorter version.

Then, this afternoon I went to a bigger town Gorna Oryahovitsa to have copies printed of photos from a party at the Senior's Center (Pensioners Club).  While waiting for the prints and later bus, I sat at a cafe, did a few "big town" errands and then picked up the photos.  At the photo shop I had an extended conversation and charade session trying to ask if they have a calendar I could buy with spaces big enough where I can write a few tasks for each day (they said that style is not in Bulgaria).  It took quite a bit longer than I expected, but then I began walking towards the bus station.  Someone honks (very common here) but then they stop.  It's my neighbor and a friend asking me if I want a ride home.  If I had been 30 seconds earlier or later, this probably would not have happened.  Oh joy - no 30 minute wait at the bus stop for this girl!

So it's these moments I choose to remember.  I feel joyful and I feel supported by life, the universe and that greater part of my Being which has many names but one Energy and Love.

No comments:

Post a Comment