Wednesday, July 13, 2011

The Little Things

This morning I went for an early walk before the heat of the day. I passed an elderly man with very stooped shoulders. He was enjoying eating fresh mulberries off of a tree - only he was finding the newly dropped ones on the dirt street. I grabbed a branch and pulled off a handful of juicy, ripe mulberries and placed them into his hand. His big toothless smile warmed my heart.

I stepped outside of the library for a moment, a woman was behind a car getting ready to push it so the driver could jump start it. I helped push, it started, they drove off. Another smile on my face.

I shared apple cobbler I made last night with new neighbors and friends. Lots of genuine ooooohs and aaaaaahs. It's not a dish they have here and they loved it. I was happy to share with so many who have shared so much with me.

This evening my Bulgarian tutor came and we had a giggly session - she thinks the way I say some things is hilarious - it is! How about the word for zucchini "teekvineechkee." Say that with a straight face!

And now I just returned from a short evening walk with the full moon.

So many blessings in my day. Wow.

No comments:

Post a Comment