Tuesday, January 31, 2012

You Know Its Cold When....

You know its cold when.......
  • you've been gone all day and when you get home and walk into the kitchen the thermometer says 36 F/ 2 C.  Does that make the inside of my fridge warmer than the inside of my kitchen? 
  • I'm wearing long underwear, a sweater, a fleece jacket, a fiber-fill vest and a winter coat (5 layers) and am still cold.
  • the first thing I want to do is boil water to put in a hot water bottle to put inside my clothes.
  • frost makes gorgeous designs on the window - on the inside!
  • the soup on the enclosed balcony is frozen (lots or air leaks there).
I'm grateful I still have electricity and water.  Some places in Bulgaria don't.  I'm grateful to have a big enough bathroom that is all tile, that I can hang laundry in it and not have to hang it outside.  Because the temperature is cold, the snow is not melting, so it's still pretty beautiful.

No comments:

Post a Comment