Monday, May 9, 2011

Likes and Dislikes

Here I share my personal opinions – of course…..

My List of 10+ Favorite Things About Bulgaria

1. The country side is so green and beautiful

2. The people I have met are very friendly and welcoming

3. Village folks love and care for their ample gardens

4. Chickens, sheep, turkeys, guinea hens wandering through the streets (gotta watch where I walk – if it squishes, I wasn’t watching)

5. Horses munching on grass by the river or in the park

6. Hanging out in a café on a sunny day or mild evening

7. The wide-eyed enthusiasm of so many kids (and adults) at meeting an American

8. The ritual of sipping a cup of espresso

9. So many gorgeous flowers and trees in bloom in the Spring

10. I’ve learned that if you spill something oily on your clothes, immediately rub salt on it to pull it out of the fabric

11. The challenge of learning a new language

My 7+ Not-So-Favorite Things About Bulgaria

1. The smell of burning rubbish, especially plastic (daily)

2. Piles of trash dumped by the river (and ignored)

3. Sipping espresso out of soft plastic cups

4. Trips to the outhouse on cold nights (and you think the seat is cold in the house?)

5. Turkish toilets…..how can a female NOT splash??? (At least I don’t have to worry about a cold seat)

6. Frequently served soda that tastes like carbonated Kool-Aid

7. The harsh treatment of so many animals

8. The challenge of learning a new language

No comments:

Post a Comment