Monday, March 28, 2011

Thank you Sedona!

Two years and two months after applying, I am on my way. I left Sedona on Saturday and have been having a day of rest before I meet with the Peace Corps tomorrow. I'm grateful for a day, but I'm so tired that I would have relished 2 or 3.

There are soooo many wonderful people in Sedona. I am in awe at the generous and joyful assistance I received from so many. If I hadn't had your help, packing and moving would not have gone as efficiently and sanely. And while I still felt a lot of stress, especially in this past week, the burden was lightened by many hands helping me.

Every day there have been miracles - things like running into people to say good-bye to, having my furniture and car sell so easily, people showing up on my doorstep or phoning to offer help cleaning, moving furniture, taking items to the recycling center and second hand store as well as heart-to-heart sharings and hugs. I am SO grateful for everyone's kindness and assistance. I could not have done it without you!

Now it's time to shift gears and move forward as I meet a new family named Peace Corps and a new culture in Bulgaria. I feel so blessed with this opportunity and move forward with an open heart and mind. I know I will be challenged at times but with the great sense of community I have with Sedona, I know there are many good people and great ideas in the world to be discovered and shared. I look forward to my personal expansion through reaching out to new people and a new culture to share who I am and what I know as well as receiving their gifts.

So....thank you to everyone who has touched my life in known and unknown ways. And now, time to move forward.

Hmmm........I think it's time for another nap ;>)

No comments:

Post a Comment