Monday, February 21, 2011

Mountains in Bulgaria

Here is an interesting tid-bit about Musala (in Bulgaria) and Mt. Olympus (in Greece):

Musala in the Rila Mountains is 30 ft (10 m)
higher that Mt. Olympus in Greece where the
gods were thought to reside. In fact, the Balkan
Peninsula takes its name from another Bulgarian
mountain, the Balkan, now better known as the
Stara Planina (Old Mountain), which runs through Bulgaria from
east to west. Bulgaria’s mountains are one of the
prerequisites for booming tourism industry and
this year, Bansko in the Pirin mountains hosted
two of World Ski Cup races.

This week my condo went onto the rental market as I march ever closer to my departure around March 25th. I'm getting to know my new camera and new Kindle - so many electronics, so little time.

I've also received additional information from the Peace Corps about my work in Bulgaria. I am even more excited now - I'm happy with what I've been reading about an approach to sharing information with people so they can build skills. It's a very positively focused program starting with what's right and building on it to make it even better.

All for now,
Patricia

No comments:

Post a Comment