Sunday, April 14, 2013

63 Days


"Every new beginning comes from some other beginning's end."   Seneca, Roman philosopher, mid-1st century AD

Dear Friends, Family and Colleagues in Arizona and California,
First, let me say I have just posted photos from the past couple of months.  Click on Photos - Spring 2013 in the right hand column.

My time in Bulgaria as a Peace Corps Volunteer is quickly coming to a close.  The next seven weeks will be filled with final English classes, holidays and celebrations and many, many good-byes.  There will be laughter and there will be tears.

I am flying into Phoenix Sky Harbor Airport on June 16th (I will know the exact time in the near future). 

I am beginning to explore options for the next chapter in my life when I return.  First, I’m very much looking forward to returning to the stunning beauty of Sedona to process these past 2 years and spending time on my favorite trails (as well as some one’s I haven’t been on) to assist my re-assimilation and reflection processes. 

At this point, I don’t know what work I will be doing and I’m not sure where I will be living (the first will influence the second, I’m sure).  I have lots of ideas, but no plan. 
The following tasks I’ve been researching online, but I also want to ask you to keep your eyes and ears open for me for opportunities:
1.   If anyone is traveling from Phoenix to Sedona on the 16th or 17th and has room for one person and 3 large suitcases – I’d love a ride.
 2.   Initially, I am looking for a short-term place to stay –
from my arrival on June 16 or 17 until I go to visit family in Calfornia - either for the 4th of July weekend or the week of the 8th.
  3.    I will need to buy a car – I sold mine for $4,000 before leaving and that is my ballpark price for the next one.  Two important qualities I’m looking for:  it as to be dependable and have reasonable gas mileage.
  4.    I will be looking for work.  I will not be returning to real estate as a full time sales agent.  I am open to possibilities of all kinds – let’s talk.   (My interests include (but not limited to) teaching ESL, working with animals and/or children, working in a environment for health and healing.)

My time as a Peace Corps Volunteer has been quite an experience and I’m looking forward to sharing with those in America who are interested.  




No comments:

Post a Comment