Monday, July 19, 2010

Here it is..........my first blog entry - ever!!

I am a Peace Corps Nominee and I should be hearing very soon where I will be going. The application process has been very long. I applied online at the end of January 2009 and in August received my nomination with a tentative destination of Morocco or Jordan. I anticipate leaving September 2010 and am eagerly waiting for that final, official destination. Now that date is just around the corner....the closer it gets the more excited I get (and I must admit, less patient).

I have several details to handle that are on "hold" until I get the final invitation from the Peace Corps. I think August is going to be a crazy month working, getting my home situated for the next 2 1/4 years, packing more boxes and cleaning out more extraneous stuff (I've already been working on this) and making sure all my affairs are in order and visiting family before I leave.

I'm thrilled to be on track for a new chapter in my life. I look forward to sharing my journey with you.

More, much, much, more to come,
Patricia

No comments:

Post a Comment